In 1871,we at Nakano Spring factory entered the business of manufacturing
leaf springs for rickshaws. In 1876, we opend our leaf spring factory in
Shiba Shinbori in Tokyo (currently,2-chome Shiba). Since then, we have
been manufacturing and delivering OEM parts to trailer and truck manufacturers
for more than a century. Our outstanding OEM products and the original
NSK brand have won acclaim in maintenance and repair markets in Japan and
We manufacture and sell a wide range of springs ranging from those for
automobiles, industrial machines, railways to vibration isolators and vibration
control springs. When requested, we provide engneering and distribution
services for coil springs for automotive suspensions, railroad coil springs
Our philosophy is "small volume, rich selection and quick delivery." Our production and development technologies have been carefully nurtured over the years, and we are commited to delivering products that deliver satisfaction to our customers.
Nakano Spring Co,.Ltd.
- Founded as a spring factory in Tokyo-Shiba-Shinbori (current 2-chome, Shiba)
and started manufacturing and plating rickshaw springs.
- Started manufacturing and plating springs of automobiles.
- Established Nakano Spring Manufacturing Company in 4-chome, Nishi-shibaura
(current4-chome, Shibaura) and started manufacturing various springs
- Changed its trade name to Nakano Spring Co., Ltd. and started commercial
production for springs of various automobiles, industrial vehicles and
- Expanded aggressively its business into the spring market of imported automobiles(mainly
American cars). Penetrated the markets of Latin America, Middle East,
Southeast Asia,African countries and China, and started exporting the products.
- Built the Akishima Plant (some 9,000m2) in Akishima-shi of Tokyo to promote productivity and quality improvement
by streamlining facilities and systems.
- Formed business alliance with NHK SPRING CO., LTD.
- Built the Nakano Spring Building (six-story = 2860m2) at the old factory site of Head Office in Shibaura, Tokyo. Set up the
Corporate Management and Control Division (to administer Tokyo, Osaka,
Sapporo and Sendai branches) as well as the Real Estate Division.
- Built out the Nakano Spring Building (additional 990m2 to be
3,850m2 in total).
- Built the administration annex for the production sectors (463 m2) to integrate administration and welfare functions of Akishima Plant as
well as to upgrade the office environment and equipments.
- Undertook the process improvement for the production sectors (upgrading
the qualitycontrol and streamlining the small-lot production system).
- Implemented the control system for high-mix, low-volume and quick delivery.
- ISO9001 certified (Akishima Plant).
- Introduction of Parabolic Leaf Spring production facirities.
- ISO14001 certified (Headquarters and Sales Divisions).
- Built the 3rd factory for painting in Akishima Plant.